Friday 2 July 2010



This is the background I've created for the main part of the video - the performance of the puppets in this Big Top/puppet theatre style marques.


It's pretty heavily based on Petrushka again - the starry background; the stage surrounds etc are based directly on the ballet sets. I drew the structure of the tent by hand and scanned it in, out and the colouring is a mixture of painting within Flash and images and patterns I've imported, vectorised and played around with.



I'm not sure this isnt too much like the ballet set, though... considering the puppet characters that are going to be in this setting are also very heavily based on Petrushka, it might all be a bit too much. I want a mix of the ballet with other elements. Like some rock n roll imagery.


At the moment the only incongruous element is the collection of lanterns hanging from the roof, which I like...


I'm thinking of changing a couple of elements, like maybe replacing the stage surrounds with speaker stacks or something.

No comments: